Saturday June 27, 2015
Starting/Ending @ 25025 295th St, Neola, IA 51559
N 41 22.564 W 95 37.268 or 41.376346, -95.621370
Entry Fee: $25 Rider
The GLMC Dual Sport Adventure Rally is be a little different then other GLMC road rallys. How different? Well this different:
- The Rally will take place in Western Iowa's and Nebraska Loess Hills areas near the Missouri River.
- The Rally will be starting and ending near Underwood, IA.
- The Rally will be on Saturday, June 27th.
- There will be camping both Friday and Saturday evening (or earlier if special arrangements are made).
- There will be a fire and grill available Friday and Saturday night.
- There will be a bathroom of some sort near the camping area.
- The Rally will be approx. 8 hours long. There will be two phases: Phase #1 (morning phase) and Phase #2 (afternoon phase). You can ride either phase or both.
- You can register via PayPal or email. The form is on the left of this page. Please try to send us your entry form before June 21.
- You will NOT need a camera for this rally.
- Riders need to be at the Rally between 7 and 7:30 AM Saturday to fill out waivers and any late registration forms.
- We will have a manditory rider meeting and hand out rider packets for Phase #1 at 7:30 AM.
- Phase #1 will start at 8 AM and end at 1 PM. This phase will be similar to a regular GLMC Road Rally, except most of the bonuses will be on dirt and gravel roads, cut-outs, and similar places. Don't know what a cut-out is, don't worry they are fun. A GPS of some sort (hand held, phone, Nuvi, etc) is strongly recommended. You can ride gravel or pavement between bonus locations, choose your own route. There will be a maniditory stop during phase one. Travel on I-XX interstates will not be permited.
- Phase #1 will start at 3 PM and end at 6 PM. This phase covers less miles and will be more technical. This will be the more difficult of the two phases. We will be handing information on Phase #2 after lunch.
- There will be will be a mandatory lunch break and rest break in the middle of the Rally between Phase #1 and #2 at Blinkie's home in Underwood. Lunch will be included and serverd there. You will have time to rest and plan your assult on Phase #2.
- Jean "Blinky" Churchill is the Rally Master, Brion "Frump" Hase will be the Phase #1 Rally Master, and Chad "Shooter" Churchill will be the Phase #2 Rally Master.
- There will be 2 classes: 650CC and up and less then 650cc (based on bike model).
- There will be six plaques awarded. There will be no second place plaques awarded. First place plaques will awarded to the overall winner in each class (<650 and 650+). You have to complete both Phase #1 and Phase #2 on the same motorcycle to be considered for the overall winner award. Your score in each phase will worth 50% of your overall score. First place plaques for each phase will go to the rider with highest score in thier class for that phase, overall winners will be excluded.
- GLMC Rider of the Year points will be awarded based on score in each phase (25 points for each class in each phase). There will be 5 additional ROTY points given to the top 5 riders of all phases based on total points regardless of class. We have a very sophisticated and fair system for resolving ties - that system will be revealed at the rally. Each phase will state a minimum requirement to complete the phase and earn ROTY points.
- Motorcycles must be street legal, plated and meet state insurance requirements.
- Street only bikes not will allowed unless you have received permission from Rally Master.
- The event fee will be be $25. Includes lunch and dinner on June 28th, water and soda. You have bring your own food to grill Friday evening and your own beverages beyond water and soda.
- We are requesting that riders ride in pairts during this rally if posible. We will assist you in finding a riding partner with similar skills if you want one.
- To get to Shooter and Blinky's home (start/end), take the #17 Exit on I-80 east (Magnolia Rd). Go 2.9 Mi East and look for their home south of the intersection of Magnolia and 295th St.
- Event entry form is on the left.
- Please check back here and at the GLMC Garage forum later for more details.
Or send check and entry form payable to GLMC:
GLMC DS Adv Rally
c/o: Brion "Frump" Hase
700 S. Glass St.
Sioux City, IA, 51106-1238
If paying with PayPal please send copy of your entry form to Brion Hase. You can send it US Postal or email a scan or photo.
Rally Master Blinky
Asst. Rally Master Shooter
Asst. Rally Master Frump
Rally Discussion and Announcements